Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Too cute for words


I mentioned the desk beneath the window before. Charlie has discovered that if he turns around he can see what it going on outside. There he sat, still and straight daring, just daring anyone, human or not, to even think about coming into the yard. Should anyone be foolhardy enough, Charlie will get you , knock you down and practically drown you in puppy kisses. Then and only then would he yell at you giving you a piece of his mind. I must say that when he gets going and flattens his ears back and opens his mouth that he resembles nothing less than a tazmanian tiger. Charlie is cuter than the tiger. He looks ever so fierce when he really isn't fierce but we let him think so.

His recovery is astounding. I know i've said that before. I've also discovered that I can buy him more of that sweet stuff that he likes so much via pet meds. i always want to keep a tube of that around in case I ever have to give him meds again.

But back to the window. So there's Charlie, a shadow against the window and the next thing I know, he's on the sill that curly tail of his slowly wagging and then the speed of the tail picks up and I had to get up and look and the husband was getting out of his (the husband's not the dog's) car. Now we've only had him for two and a half weeks and one of those weeks he was on death's door, but it is like he has been ours forever. I don't even mind getting up too early with him and sitting outside while he explores the yard even if it does, occasionaly, take longer than an hour and a half. That's a lot of territory for a puppy to mark. No wonder he's so thirsty when he reaches his water bowl.

What is best about Charlie is his sheer joy in being alive. Everything is new, everything is meant for him and he is going run headlong into each adventure as it arises.... as long as one of his people are in the yard with him.

Have to close this now. Writing about him makes me want to go home and bury my face in his fur.

Only to have him bite my ear. I think he's convinced that I should have a few more piercings.

No comments:

Post a Comment