Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Charlie weekend

Boy, when a puppy gets better a puppy gets better!

I cannot believe how fast he recovered and now he is doing what a puppy should do.... RULE THE ROOST!

Charlie and I have a routine, he wakes me up way too early so I can take him outside where he explores the yard. Josh took him out to meet the neighbors the other day and now Charlie no longer stays close to the house but roams the whole yard. It's a big yard, fenced all the way around and holds all the wonders a puppy could want. there is the pile of branches waiting for a chipper and the stand of bamboo that would make King Kong feel small. There is also a path worn through the bamboo by other canine feel but Charlie will have to find that path on his own, since there is no brother to show him.

The yard is puppy paradise and the only thing he likes better than the yard is... the desk. We moved an old desk to the front window for Rocco and with an arrangement of this and that, we created 'steps' of a sort for Rocco to use to get onto the desk. Well, Charlie figured that out for himself an I guess we aren't going to be moving that desk back to someplace sensible any time soon.

Yesterday morning after making our countless loops around the yard, I had to crawl back to bed. 5:30 is too early for me. I had pooped Charlie out sufficiently and it was back to bed. This time he wanted to be on the bed, instead of the air conditioning vent and then my pillow where he draped himself over the top of my head like a living head band and putting me right to sleep. We made it to 8:30 this morning and I may have enough energy today to get some, any crafting done.

Speaking about crafting, Charlie Wanted to do some yesterday, as he sat on my lap at the craft desk and was disappointed that he didn't have the thumbs needed to do much of everything. I am wondering if we can do the paint on the paws type of thing and have him decorate paper for me. That I need to think about because I certainly don't want to make him sick. Maybe finger paints are the way to go. After all toddlers can use it and while Charlie galumps instead of toddles, he is still a very hairy toddler.. who eats grapes and bananas. So Charlie is well and still healing my heart. I think he's up to the task.


Now to find him a brother.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Charlie!! This is great news and your day sounds wonderful. My little monster got into my craft box while we were in church and got scolded to which my husband said "you just yelled at your baby". He gets scolded when he does wrong, he has rules too. LOL
    I can totally relate to the desk too as we have our couch in front of the bay window and it can't be moved because the dogs like to sleep and guard the front the of the house from the window--both the mini dachshunds and the 100lb german shepherd. LOL
    Now your puppy fun begins!!!

    ReplyDelete