Thursday, September 22, 2011

Almost But Not Quite

Charlie bit my nose this morning. It wasn't done on purpose. I had just gotten up and the dogs go wild with excitement each morning when that happens. It's as if I have been away for years! Should I sleep later than normal, then someone is always whining and scratching at the door telling me it's time to get up. I'm assuming that it's one of the dogs scratching, otherwise it would be just too weird if it was the husband.

Anyhow there I was; half asleep with excited dogs dancing around me talking up a storm when the husband decided that then and only then is the time to give them their flea stuff (advantage). Now, since I'm surprised that the husband can dress himself, it was up to me to put the advantage on the dogs because I KNOW HOW TO DO IT. Ignoring the fact that the husband kinda did it last month.

Meanwhile the dogs are growing even more excited at the package, no doubt thinking it some new kind of treat. I can't get Charlie to stand still enough for me to do it so the husband helds by grabbing him around the neck and hugging charlie against his body. Since the medicine goes down the dog's back, no good. Do I have to tell you that Charlie wants none of this now and is thrashing around to get loose? Suddenly the husband lets go, Charlie spins around and wham, gets me in the nose. Blood is dripping, dog is yelling, Kali is launching herself at me. I catch Charlie with my knees advantage him, let him go, grab Kali, advantage her and done.

My nose is still dripping blood and when I check, Charlie's tooth hasn't gone all the way through. If it had I could then sport a swanky pierced nose if not for two facts: 1] Charlie caught me near the tip of my nose, not a usual pierced nose spot but more importantly and number 2 is, since I have no stud earrings and only dangles, I would then have to inset a dangle and have it swing and dangle from the end of my nose all day. There's a look for you.

BTW I've advantaged dogs before. I usually wait until they are asleep or working on a bone or something and have NEVER had such a battle doing it. I think next time I'll let the husband do it. If he can remember to read the directions on the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment