Monday, October 31, 2011

Catching up again

I know that. lately it seems that all I do is talk about Kali when this is Charlie's blog. So let me tell you what Charlie has been up to.

First of all, he is growing. He's now bigger than Kali with the most ridiculously long legs. Moose legs I call them. Moose have long long legs which help to keep their bellies dry when wandering through wet places. Charlie's legs are long, but he doesn't care how wet he gets. I'm guessing it;s the black lab in him. He does have a lab's webbed feet, something I just noticed and an adorable feathering on the back of his legs that we refer to as his pantaloons.

I was missing Charlie the other day and couldn't figure out, at first, why that was so. He's right there in the yard so why was I lonely for him. Then it came to me. Once Kali came and the weather got cool enough for him, he's rarely in the house and when he is in the house, he's got Kali.

Well, the other day he comes to me in the craft room, catches my eye and whines. That usually means that he wants to go out, so I get up, climb over piles o'craft stuff and head toward the kitchen door. Only that wasn't what he wanted. I asked him to "show me" and what he did was to lead me to the big dog pillow in the living room and then put his paws on my shoulders to make me sit. And then he brought me a toy so we could play tug of war. YES! he wanted to play with his momma.

It's a game that I had invented for Rocco called EWWW I don't want this thing it's got dog spit all over it.

Charlie had one end of a long legged. long armed monkey toy I had gotten him and I pull and twist and try to get it away from him while he hangs on until HE decides it is spitty enough. It was an achy hand day so I tried holding on with both hands, till Charlie put a paw on one arm and forced it down as if to say, one hand only. Thinking that I was putting intent into his actions that wasn't there, I tried two hands again and again and got the same response from him. One hand only please, two is cheating.

I don't know how long we played that silly game but I was glad to know that Charlie is still m y baby.

I've asked for a camera for Christmas so I can take some pics of the dogs. The camera I have now is far too complicated to use and by the time I figure out flash or no flash or what kind of flash, picturing taking has become a chore. If I get the camera then there will be pics of the dogs.

Everyone should have a Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment